SLSA's ECOSurf Policy was adpoted by the ASRL on 3rd May, 2008
Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) is committed to the sustainable use of the coastal environment through the adoption of an ECOSurf policy.
It looks to demonstrate this commitment through the promotion of environmentally friendly practices, education and raising environmental awareness to ensure the sustainable use of our beach environment.
The Australian Surf Rowers League (ASRL) has ready access to a great percentage of members through various established communication networks.
Supporting SLSA’s ECOSurf policy enables the ASRL to position itself as an organisation that accepts its responsibility regarding doing something positive about protecting our fragile coastal environment.
The ASRL will support the implementation of the ECOSurf policy by:
- raising member awareness of coastal environment issues,
- establishing guidelines to ensure environmental protection is a key objective in the effective management of events and activities, particularly regarding conduct of the ASRL Open, and state based events. These to include:
- being sensitive to the local natural environment by eliminating competitors and spectators from impacting on vegetation and conserved dune areas;
- providing on beach waste bags for each club tent to minimise litter;
- being aware of sensitive natural beach environments whilst setting up carnival arenas;
- being sensitive to local community amenity by reducing noise pollution, particularly early in mornings;
- seeking local government and/or local environmental community group advice regarding environmental sensitivities, and
- if available, providing waste separation facilities.
- If in the position, encouraging clubs to adopt environmentally friendly and sustainable practices in facility development, recycling, energy and water conservation and waste management.
Dick Olesinski (Olly)
ASRL Vice President
|< Prev||Next >|