The ASRL Committee have now confirmed that we will put a brand new surfboat up for grabs as a prize that will be drawn at the ASRL Open. The boat must be and remain prominently branded "Team Navy" for a minimum of 3 years.
This is how the competition will work:
- At each Navy event day conducted in WA, SA, Tas, Vic & Qld (NSW Crews see item 7 below) each attending crew will receive 2 x Tokens into the draw
- At the Season Launch held on 5 Dec at Surfers Paradise attending crews will receive 2 Tokens
- At the Sat of Manly carnival you will receive 1 x Token
- At the ASRL Short Course Championship event at Manly attending crews will receive 2 x Tokens
- At the ASRL Open attending crews will receive 4 x Tokens
- To be eligible to receive the Token each crew must have joined as a member of the ASRL via any of the systems available and all crew members MUST be wearing the NAVY singlet; NO SINGLET AND NOT JOINED UP NO TOKEN
- For NSW crews; as no specific Navy Series is available you will collect tokens at Coffs, Mollymook, Manly (Sat event) plus the special events noted above and you must have completed a crew membership before the date of the actual Token Day event AND BE WEARING THE Navy singlet
- In all cases you must be wearing your Navy singlets as a crew to be eligible
How the boat prize works:
- The ASRL will make available a sum of $30,000 inc GST to the boat winner which is to include the branding logo "Team Navy"
- The winner can then negotiate the purchase with the boat builder of choice
- If the boat costs more the winner will be required to make up the shortfall
- If the boat costs less the winner can use the balance on other equipment
- The draw will be made and announced at the ASRL Open in Feb Sun 21